Learners will gain knowledge and understanding in concepts of conflict management and communication skills.
This course has been developed by the training provider specifically to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to both recognise and defuse conflict. The course covers communications skills, how to conduct a dynamic risk assessment and the development of a range of strategies and concepts to aid recognition, defusing and de-escalation of conflict situations.
- Understand how communications can be used to solve problems and reduce the likelihood of conflict
- Know the factors that influence human responses to conflict situations
- Know how to assess and reduce risks in conflict situations
- Know how to communicate effectively and de-escalate in emotive situations
- Know good practice to follow after conflict situations
This course is made up of one unit that learners will complete in order to achieve a certificate of competence. Our training utilises the very latest learning methods with special emphasis placed on student participation in interactive techniques and skills. Overall the aim of our training is to share knowledge and practical experience through tutor led sessions that build upon the experience so that all participants become confident the principles and practices of conflict management. The qualification is assessed by oral questioning and by a 15 question multiple-choice examination. The duration of the examination is 30 minutes. Successful candidates must achieve a score of at least 10 out of 15.
We can deliver this training nationwide
- Price available on request
- One day practical and theoretical classroom activities
- Maximum of 12 per course