Learners will gain knowledge and understanding in concepts of personal safety and effective breakaway techniques.
This course has been developed by the training provider specifically to provide learners with the knowledge and skills in relation to best practices for lone working that include a range of personal safety awareness strategies supported by effective exit and breakaway techniques. Learners will be awarded a certificate of competence on completion of the course.
- Understand the common risks associated with lone working
- Know how to identify the signs associated with potential danger
- Understand how to conduct a dynamic risk assessment
- Appreciate the psychological and physiological effects of stress and fear on the human body
- Develop a range of effective breakaway and distraction skills
This course is made up of one unit that learners will complete in order to achieve a certificate of competence. Our training utilises the very latest learning methods with special emphasis placed on student participation in interactive techniques and skills. Overall the aim of our training is to share knowledge and practical experience through tutor led sessions that build upon the experience so that all participants become confident in the principles of lone worker safety and personal safety awareness concepts. This training is underpinned by best practice and relevant legislation. This qualification is assessed by oral questioning, supported by observation of the learners during practical skills development.
We can deliver this training nationwide
- Price available on request
- 5 hours of practical and theoretical classroom activities
- Maximum of 15 per course